How’s Your Holiday Planning Coming Along?

I’m getting ready for the holidays over at GNMParents (now ForeverParenting)!

What?? You don’t think about holidays in October? Whyever not? After all, the local Lowe’s has had a lovely Christmas tree display right next to the Hallowe’en mummy near the entrance for 2 weeks now. What’s not to love about that?

πŸ˜€ Anyhow. We’re talking about holiday prep, starting with getting the house in order. Check it out! Lots of links and resources available. Later on we’ll be talking about food, gifts, and building traditions with the kiddos.

Earnest Parenting: help for parents who want to be ready for the holidays.

Tags: , ,

28 Responses to “How’s Your Holiday Planning Coming Along?”

1. Jordans says:

Lol I think now is a bit early to be setting up. I can’t really picture going up to a scary house and then seeing a Christmas tree lol =P. That’s just me though =)

2. Amy says:

Jordans, agreed. I thought the mummy by the tree was pretty bizarre in the store!

3. Alex says:

Early? My kids have already started pestering me for gadgets and gifts..!

4. Amy says:

Alex, you mean there’s a time of year when your kids aren’t pestering for more stuff??? LOL.

5. Jordans says:

Lol yea I love how major stores get everything months in advanced and try to make it fit.

6. special needs equipment says:

LOL nice post

7. james touso says:

woo….have fun…

8. Jordans says:

To Amy: I know this is off topic but I was looking at your picture on the top right of your kids and I was thinking you should actually try to get them into those outfits lol

9. franco says:

nice looking tree, my family always had the real thing but since they are getting really expensive and to save trees from being cut down we now have the fake plastic tree but it looks really real and doesnt leave the needles on the ground.

10. Amy says:

Special Needs Equipment and James, thanks!

Jordans, that would be hilarious! They want me to print up tee shirts with their character on them. I have to get Hubby to do a little editing to get the right size. Maybe I’ll try to get that for Christmas. πŸ˜‰

Franco, thanks. I believe that tree was a fake one…it belongs to an Aunt of Hubby’s. We use the artificial tree too. Had a real one the first year we were married and I’m certain we were vacuuming needles out of that room 5 years later when we moved!

11. cashman says:

have fun and nice post

12. Jordans says:

lol yea. When I have kids I’m going to set them up so much lol =P

13. Ack! Christmas is just around the corner – do you know where your tree is? One more thing to remind your readers about: now is the time to do any on-line shopping – don’t wait till Dec!

14. Wendy says:

Amy,
    I walked into a store and saw Halloween decorations peeking through a forest of decorated Christmas trees. It looked like something out of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”!

15. Amy says:

Thanks Cashman!

Jordans, isn’t that what kids are for? [batting eyes innocently]

Scrapbook Embellishments, excellent point! I didn’t even think about online shopping when I was writing, even though that’s something I do every year.

Wendy, what a good description lol. Have you seen the mummy at Lowe’s? It makes moaning noises and the eyes light up. I do not understand the timing. At all.

16. Copper Wire says:

There’s a Christmas tree somewhere in my garage, finding it would be a Christmas miracle unto itself.

17. Internet Cafe Software says:

It’s your encouragement that make us appreciate and more than a little appropriate after reading this article doing in this blog. I smell the christmas scent closer.

18. Busby SEO Test says:

Nice post and nice article

19. Amy says:

Copper Wire, good luck finding the tree! You’ve got 58 days before Christmas. How long should we let you look before sending a search and rescue party?

Internet Cafe Software and Busby SEO test, awww shucks. Thanks.

20. franco says:

Amy, thats a great story! Im happy to see that your always planning! If theres anyway we can contact eachother through email that would be fantastic!

21. franco says:

amy, i was curious as to what your going to be for halloween, im going to be the Geico Caveman!

22. Amy says:

Franco that’s hilarious. I don’t typically dress up for trick or treating. It’s usually very cold and often rainy so I am bundled up in heavy warm clothing.

23. spell check says:

its been an exciting 2008 year and i cant wait to see the polls the next couple weeks!

24. Barack wins!! its going to be interesting to see how the next 4 years pan out!

25. Amy says:

Essential oils, yes America has made its political bed….now we’ll see how well everybody sleeps in it.

26. I think Obama is going to make some good changes for the middle class, but as for the whole country we will see.

27. Amy says:

Luxury Sheets, I disagree. Transfer of wealth is against what the founders of this country stood for…read their words to see warning upon warning about so many of the mistakes we are currently making in this country.

We are dangerously close to the point where the majority of our workers do not pay federal income tax, yet have the power to vote in pandering politicians who will tax the life out of the wealthy. The logical conclusion of that scenario is not good.

I’d also like to know why we spend so much time worrying about the middle class and not the poor. Aren’t they the ones who need help?

28. bottleless water says:

Amy, very strong point. I believe that th Elephants this year knew that this next term would almost certainly go to a Donkey so they strategically put Mccain in the running thinking well he may have a chance but he isnt our starting guy and in a term where we are the top contenders why risk it. I believe Obama kind of won by default and after his 4 year term the real president will be seen whether its Hillary wrapped around Bills finger or Giuliani gets elected.